KBR Industrial Hygiene Specialist in Wilmington, Delaware
Title: Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Job Number: 1068640
Industrial Hygiene Specialist – Wilmington, DE Area
Job Title – Industrial Hygiene
IH Specialist will under direct supervision and within established procedures, provides Various Industrial Hygiene activities. Includes collecting field data and/or maintain/operate equipment in the field/Lab to perform various Industrial Hygiene,
Indoor Air Quality and Radiation Safety
related tasks for the Wilmington area sites.
Minimum Skills Required
• Associate Degree in an Occupational Health affiliated field (Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, Safety) or another applicable technical field (chemistry, biology, engineering, physiology) combined with a minimum of 2 years of direct experience in industrial hygiene.
• Knowledge or experience in laboratory settings is desired.
• Demonstrated applied knowledge of governmental S&OH regulations.
• Chemistry background with demonstrated experience or knowledge in chemical air monitoring as well as qualitative and quantitative exposure assessment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Industrial Hygiene,
Indoor Air Quality and Radiation safety
related field sampling, survey and use of IH/IAQ and Radiation survey equipment.
• Demonstrated understanding of noise measurement, noise control and hearing conservation, respiratory protection, and heat stress monitoring and control.
• Ability to effectively serve as a team player and have strong interpersonal skills interpersonal and oral/written skills to communicate effectively within the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines as well as manage change and work independently.
• Demonstrated effective oral presentation, report writing, and other written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize computer software (systems used are Microsoft Office, SharePoint, intra/internet, etc.).
• Frequent travel between Wilmington-area sites and occasional travel to non-
Wilmington area sites/customer facilities.
• Required to wear PPE (safety glasses, gloves, safety shoes, and respiratory protection) on an as-needed basis.
• Need to work flexible hours.
• Valid driver’s license required.
Wilmington, DE Assignment Duration:
Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Pre-Employment Drug Screen
o Background Check Required
o Steel Toe Boots
Brown and Root offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Brown & Root is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety, Environment