KBR Metrology: Technician 2 in PHOENIX,, Arizona
Title: Metrology: Technician 2
Job Number: 1063772
Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• Independently tests, calibrates, and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards.
• Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
• Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
• Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
• Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects.
• Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 2 years of directly related experience.
Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001; ANSI Z540.1 and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency in multiple disciplines
Fluke MetTeam and Met/Cal experience a plus.
A broad range of skills from cable repair to automated test system pc support desired.
PMEL graduate preferred
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Skilled Trades - Technicians