KBR Diego Garcia: FIRE SPRINKLER & SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN in IO, United Kingdom
Title: Diego Garcia: FIRE SPRINKLER & SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Location: GB-IO-Diego Garcia Island
Job Number: 1058387
FIRE SPRINKLER & SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a qualified Fire Sprinkler and Fire Suppression systems service technician. Duties include ability to service, repair, inspect, and troubleshoot Fire Sprinkler Systems, Wet Chemical Systems, Dry Chemical systems and Clean Agent Systems. This position requires the ability to trouble-shoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire Protection Systems. Knowledge of NFPA standards required and NICET Level III certification
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least two years of specialized experience in working on Fire Suppression Systems; four years is preferred.
This position requires the ability to service, repair, replace and inspect Fire Suppression Systems.
Experience with the following systems is a plus
• Sapphire System certification
• Auto pulse detection certification
• Monarch Industrial systems
• Tyco systems
• Ansul Systems
• Viking Systems
• Reliable Systems
• Qualifications: National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies
(NICET) Level II required /(NICET) Level III certification preferred (or ability to obtain in reasonable period)
for Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems or State or Local certification or licensing acceptable to the AHJ
• Servicing Fire Protection Systems to the prescribed standards
• Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of Fire Protection Systems
• Identifying code and non-conformance issues
• Duties may also include installation of new Fire Protection Systems
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minimum three (2) years of experience in the Fire Protection/Life Safety Industry including:
Experience in Fire Sprinkler Field
Extensive knowledge of various types of Sprinkler Systems
(wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, fire pumps, etc.)
• High level of knowledge & application of the National Fire Alarm Code
• NICET Certifications up to Level III for Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems
• Must be thoroughly capable of reading, interpreting, and applying system design plans, as well as building construction drawings and documents.
Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Secret Clearance.
Must be fluent in English
Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
It should be understood that employment may be located in potentially dangerous areas, including combat or war zones. This might involve the possibility of suffering harm by dangerous forces or friendly fire. These dangers are inherent to working conditions in a dangerous environment.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety and Environment