KBR Project Quality Manager in Houston, Texas
Title: Project Quality Manager
Job Number: 1067803
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 34,000 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Project Quality Manager
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
have adequate knowledge and experience in developing and implementing Quality Management System, QA plans and procedures on the projects
• have expertise in conducting Project Quality audits, effective implementation of Corrective and Preventive Action program along with Continual improvement recommendations
• measure and monitor Corrective, Preventive actions and Continual Improvement recommendations status and report it to the Project Management team
• review project QA deliverables per the client and contract requirements
• review various quality related documents and the technical requisitions for quality requirements
• facilitate Lessons learned and team alignment sessions as per the project directions
• assist project engineering and procurement inspection in determination of Criticality ratings and inspection levels (for the project packages)
• assist procurement inspection in the Shop surveys and Supplier QMS audits
• develop and provide project QMS orientation for the project team
• provide specialized technical expertise in support of the Quality program, training, audits, quality tools for problem solving and assessment
• apply knowledge of quality systems and tools to validate and verify contractually required deliverables for effective project execution
• implement principles of performance evaluation and prediction methods used to improve system safety, reliability, and maintainability
• maintain quality standard of project deliverables, plans and procedures that go into work scope
• align quality management function with the performance needs of product lines, business units and/or business groups
• under general direction, is accountable for the performance and results of project QA group
• manage the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to project team members
• participate in the development of functional strategy and may be responsible for global processes and procedures
- 40% Travel both domestically and internationally will be required
Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 5
years of experience.
Understand principles of Quality & HSE programs (Policy, Plans, and Procedures)
ISO 9001 Lead auditor/Internal auditor course (desirable)
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety and Environment