KBR Fire Sprinkler & Suppression Systems Technician in Djibouti
Title: Fire Sprinkler & Suppression Systems Technician
Job Number: 1049432
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
FIRE SPRINKLER & SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
We are currently seeking a qualified Fire Sprinkler and Fire Suppression systems service technician. Duties include ability to service, repair, inspect, and troubleshoot Fire Sprinkler Systems, Wet Chemical Systems, Dry Chemical systems and Clean Agent Systems. This position requires the ability to trouble-shoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire Protection Systems. Knowledge of NFPA standards required and NICET Level III certification.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Your resume must demonstrate at least two years of specialized experience in working on Fire Suppression Systems; four years is preferred.
This position requires the ability to service, repair, replace and inspect Fire Suppression Systems.
Experience with the following systems is a plus
• Sapphire System certification
• Auto pulse detection certification
• Monarch Industrial systems
• Tyco systems
• Ansul Systems
• Viking Systems
• Reliable Systems
• Qualifications: National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies
(NICET) Level II required /(NICET) Level III certification preferred
for Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems or State or Local certification or licensing acceptable to the AHJ
• Servicing Fire Protection Systems to the prescribed standards
• Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of Fire Protection Systems
• Identifying code and non-conformance issues
• Duties may also include installation of new Fire Protection Systems
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minimum three (2) years of experience in the Fire Protection/Life Safety Industry including:
Experience in Fire Sprinkler Field
Extensive knowledge of various types of Sprinkler Systems
(wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, fire pumps, etc.)
• High level of knowledge & application of the National Fire Alarm Code
• NICET Certifications up to Level III for Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems
• Must be thoroughly capable of reading, interpreting, and applying system design plans, as well as building construction drawings and documents
• Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 12 months of remaining validity AND with at least 4 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
• Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Job: Skilled Trades - Other