KBR Metrology Technician 2 in OLATHE, Kansas
Title: Metrology Technician 2
Job Number: 1051148
• Independently tests, calibrates, and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards.
• Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
• Calibrate and repair specialized Honeywell and supplier built test systems including Automated Test Stations such as Vectors, STZs, CATS ll System, etc.
• Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
• Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
• Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects.
• Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and physical/dimensional measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Note: Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the duties listed on this job description. Each employing entity and/or specific contract reserves the right to delete, change or modify the essential functions of individual jobs at any time. Unique job requirements will be identified through the job posting process.
Associate’s degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 2 years of directly related experience. In lieu of a degree, 6 years of related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency with RF and Microwave equipment including calibration and component level troubleshooting.
Fluke Met/Team and Met/Cal experience a plus.
A broad range of skills from cable repair to automated test system pc support desired.
PMEL graduate preferred.
Key Success Factors:
Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001:2008, Z-540.1 and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
Job: Skilled Trades - Technicians