KBR Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
Title: Sr. Accountant
Job Number: 1048327
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Description/Job Responsibilities
Position is part of a dedicated accounting team within the Corporate General Accounting Department supporting KBR’s global intercompany & settlement process.
Works with KBR Treasury, Tax, and various areas of accounting globally to meet established goals.
This position performs activities that ensure KBR’s consolidated intercompany receivables/payables are in balance, mitigates tax issues, and facilitates settlement of intercompany balances.
KBR has a significant level of intercompany activity across multiple platforms and foreign jurisdictions as well as a robust foreign currency structure.
• Prepares, analyzes, and distributes month end reports to global intercompany contacts
to facilitate balancing KBR’s consolidated intercompany receivables/payables.
• Analyzes and researches intercompany receivable/payable out of balances for assigned KBR companies and provides oversight and assistance to other intercompany contacts researching their assigned out of balances.
• Calculates and records interest for certain intercompany notes.
• Manages intercompany settlement system and actions settlement requests as needed.
• Assists with intercompany maintenance associated with company liquidations and other legal events as needed.
• Oversees accounting for KBR dividend declarations and intercompany distributions.
• Ensures data is uploaded and maintained in the Intercompany Balancing Tool (IBT) for the pre and post close process each month.
• Reconciles related party receivables/payables with certain unconsolidated joint venture partnerships to ensure they remain in balance.
• Completes quarterly due diligence for Corporate SOX support.
• Invoices G&A allocations and Corporate Royalties as needed.
• Performs special projects and ad hoc reporting as needed.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting (or Business degree with strong emphasis in accounting courses).
• 3-5 years work experience in a general accounting environment preferably with a large corporation.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with MS Word, PowerPoint & Access.
• Good written and verbal communications skills to enable effective interaction with various levels of company personnel.
• Flexibility for occasional overtime and/or pre-scheduled weekend work.
KBR has a 9/80 alternative work week schedule.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.