KBR HSSE Manager - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Title: HSSE Manager - Houston, TX
Job Number: 1056225
JOB SUMMARY: Manage, coach and lead the overall Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives and personnel for provider of maintenance and related services at a research facility in West Houston. Is an integral part of leadership team to effectively provide a safe work environment for employees and subcontractors. Coordinates the delivery of HSE products and services to operations personnel in support of project execution. Interfaces with regulatory bodies with corporate legal oversight, clients and subcontractors. Responsible for executing the processes that directly impact training, report writing, quality control, plan development and implementation. Incorporates health as well as environmental standards directed by company guidelines and procedures, as well as regulatory agencies to prevent health and environmental hazards. Manages the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members. Participates in the development of functional strategy and execution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key duties and responsibilities of the HSE Manager are:
• Leads a team of HSE professionals to provide support to the project.
• Responsible for designing and structuring health, safety and environmental plans and implementing them with operational support and ownership.
• Has overall knowledge of federal and local safety and environmental regulations and is responsible for conveying compliance requirements to employees and subcontractors.
• Maintains all relevant documentation of training, medical and environmental requirements.
• Promotes a positive culture around safety and ensures that HSE processes are innovative and creative.
• Makes an active contribution to develop new standards and techniques that will provide direction and guidance to all employees and subcontractors.
• Reviews HSE policies and practices to ensure they are updated and meet current trends and to continually assess hazards, risk assessment and mitigation plans.
• Responsible for designing and implementing various behavioral training and initiatives.
• Interface with customer management at all levels and serve as focal point for all HSE matters
• EDUCATION: College degree preferred along with additional safety related certification and/or licenses.
• EXPERIENCE: Fifteen (15) years working in the Health, Safety and Environmental field, with ten (10) years in management.
• ABILITIES: The candidate must be a self-starter capable of working in fast paced multi-disciplined team environment with the ability to manage competing priorities to achieve goals. Proven management skills to include effective planning, organizing, directing and controlling with strong decision making capabilities.
Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening. Ability to interact with staff and customer at all levels from craft persons to senior
executives. Ability to develop positive customer relations and assume responsibility for customer satisfaction.
Job: Quality, Health, Safety and Environment