KBR Project Manager - Engineering in ENG, United Kingdom
Title: Project Manager - Engineering
Job Number: 1048129
The Emergency Services Mobile Communications Programme (ESMCP) within the Home Office is a world leading programme providing the next generation communication system for the 3 emergency services (police, fire and rescue and ambulance) and other public safety users. This system will be called the Emergency Services Network (ESN). ESN will provide the next generation integrated critical voice and broadband data services for the 3 emergency services.
The Programme has representation from the 3ES at both operational and departmental levels and Welsh and Scottish Governments. In addition to the 3 emergency services, over 300 other organisations are active users of the current emergency communication service. ESMCP is working with them to ensure a smooth operating and commercial transition between current and future communications services.
The Service Management Unit within the programme is currently establishing the team that will design and build a service management organisation that will deliver a world class service to its users.
The person fulfilling this role will work with the Team Lead for Strategy for Services to develop an overarching strategy that aligns the people, processes, products (tools) and partners across a complex eco-system so that the users experience a high-performing and integrated service.
The purpose of the Service Strategy analyst role is to ensure that Services are aligned to the ESN Ecosystem across multiple suppliers. This will require the analysis of a complex value network. Ensuring that capabilities are developed that support ESN as the program evolves from design, test, release & deployment and on into BAU operations. Ensuring that the ‘to be’ Authority Service Management Unit can exert good governance and control over the ESN Service end to end in live operations.
• Provide detailed analysis of the current supply chain service interfaces, identifying any material vulnerabilities and risks in the ability to deliver end to end services
• Help define service management strategy and requirements for all ESN related projects
• Ensure related projects can be seamlessly integrated into the ESN Service Management Framework
• Ensure there is a balance between the key components of a good service management environment: people, process, products (tools) and partners (suppliers)
• Ensure key stakeholders are aligned to development activities
• Support other service management streams when required
• Conduct research into service management innovation and market trends
• Supporting the Strategy Lead in defining the Strategy for Services and other policy documents
Able to work across all streams and phases of the ESMCP Service Management Unit
Strong Service Management competencies
Strong analytical skills whilst also being able to see the bigger picture
Be an excellent communicator
Strong collaboration skills
Understands complex value networks
Understand all phases of the ITIL Lifecycle
Be a serious counterpart at Subject Matter Expert level
ITIL Service Strategy Lifecycle certification and/or ITIL Expert certification
Experience working with the Emergency Services or other in UK Government organization(s)
Mobile telecoms sector experience
COBIT 5 knowledge/experience
Job: Project Management/Operations