KBR Fire Alarm Systems Technician in DJI, Djibouti
Title: Fire Alarm Systems Technician
Job Number: 1049426
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
FIRE ALARM SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Seeking a responsible and dependable individual with experience as a Fire Alarm Technician. Candidates should have comprehensive knowledge of the fire alarm systems programming, and product knowledge is essential for this position. Successful candidate will be responsible for servicing, repairing, inspecting and testing fire alarm and related systems. Candidates should have a valid motor vehicle license.
Knowledge of NFPA standards required and NICET II certification.
NICET LEVEL III CERTIFICATION PREFERRED.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience. Your resume must demonstrate at least two years of specialized experience in working on Alarm Systems; four years is preferred.
This position requires the ability to service, repair, and replace Fire Alarm products ad inspect Fire Alarm systems, must have experience and the ability to install and connect fire alarm systems to MONACO Fire Alarm receiving equipment and maintain this equipment. Qualifications: National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level II certification in Fire Alarm Systems or State/Local certification or licensing acceptable to the AHJ.
• Servicing, inspecting and testing alarm systems to manufactured specifications.
• Performing on site emergency troubleshooting, programming and repairs of Fire Alarm System.
• Identifying code and non-conformance issues
• Analyze blue prints, schematics and drawings of Fire Alarm Systems and other related electrical systems.
• Diagnose problems or failures in assigned systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
• Inspects Fire Alarm, Security Systems and their components for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying and performing necessary repairs and performing preventative maintenance.
• Installs Fire Alarm Systems components as assigned (e.g. panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, detectors, etc.)
• Have experience in the following Fire Alarm panels and system components (Simplex 4100, FIRELITE – MS9200, Monaco – BTX, Gamewell, Honeywell and Autopluse)
• Must carry all Fire Alarm keys, radio, and telephone at all times while on base and be on a rotational on call service.
• Must not be afraid of heights with the ability to be over (50) ft. in the air.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minimum two to three years of experience in the Fire Protection Life Safety Industry including: Fire Alarm Installation & Programming
• Troubleshooting/repair of Fire Alarm Systems
• NICET Certifications Level II (Fire Alarm Systems)
• Knowledge of functions associated with the testing of Fire Alarms, access control, and security systems.
• Compete knowledge of low voltage wiring, especially troubleshooting
• High level if knowledge & application of the National Fire Alarm Code.
• Must be thoroughly capable of reading, interpreting, and applying system design plans, as well as building construction drawings and documents.
Must possess a passport book (not passport card) with at least (12) months of remaining validity AND with at least (4) blank visa/stamp pages remaining.
Must possess a valid driver's license with at least (6) months of remaining.
Job: Skilled Trades - Other